Familiarization of electronic books: same as above; and I can't wait for electronic ink - that is really very exciting. And they really need to get the standard format sorted out, too. Don't need a repeat of the Betamax wars. And it mentions the two-page e-reader I wanted (earlier entry),
but the Everybook reader was never produced. Apparently, this is its replacement. Wait, I'll have another go at pictures:Pretty. A little overboard for me, but pretty, nonetheless (I meant the dual-screen laptop, not using pictures).
The other thing I wanted to mention, since the active hyperlinks in the pdfs of these two articles reminded me: I have the e-book version of the textbook, but it has not taken advantage of any electronic features at all (apart from the built-in search function): none of the hyperlinks are active and they can't be highlighted to paste into my browser, and they haven't even added bookmarks for easy navigation through the document, to get to at least chapter headings. Goes to show even the most willing embracers of the technology need to remember that the e-book version doesn't just have to be a carbon copy of the printed version.
No comments:
Post a Comment