Sunday, October 30, 2005

Just keep blogging. Just keep blogging...

So, last entry. I've been wondering whether I'll keep on blogging; certainly I've gotten into the habit of, when coming across something relevant, thinking 'I must post that on my blog' and it's been pleasant to think I'm sharing something (that I think is) interesting, even with only a handful of people.

Speaking of which, here's a great site which uses volunteers and book donations to build a library of books for the visually impaired. I wish I'd known about it earlier, as I think it and other sites like it would have made a good topic for the essay.

Also, my latest copy of Desktop magazine had an article about a design company using Flash-driven sites, but making them accessible to all users, which is a pretty impressive achievement with Flash, and also an article on Creative Commons, which, like that article I linked to earlier, talks about the benefits of it to artists, musicians, and writers. Since it's printed-based, I can't link to (ah, look at the limitations of that old-fashioned technology...) but it did have a couple of links I'll share:
On Line Opinion: A not-for-profit e-journal of "social and political debate" where the contributors are encouraged to publish under Creative Commons.
The Australian Creative Commons Project: all about Creative Commons in Australia; has a blog-style homepage, but plenty of info and links under 'Learn more'.

But, back to what I was thinking about - will I continue this blog? Perhaps not in the short-term, since without the impetus of a particular subject to focus on, I imagine I'll run out of steam; and currently I can't think of a replacement topic. But I may be off to live and work in either Austria or Libya depending on where my partner gets transferred, and I can see a blog being an invaluable way to stay in contact with friends and family, an e-postcard.

So...
Just keep blogging. Just keep blogging. Just keep blogging, blogging, blogging. What do we do? We blog, blog, blog...

No comments: