
It seems that Domino's suddenly decided to drop its normal menu and serve nothing but tuna and cheese pizzas, and then stopped serving pizzas at all...

You're not fooling anyone, Pizza "House".
The 'take away' sign here is written in Arabic letters but still says 'take away' ie it's an English word written in Arabic letters. This can be seen on other products too.

Well, either Burger King's lawyers are sharpening their pencils, or one burger franchise snuck its way in here well ahead of the golden arches.

Often signs don't reflect what the store sells - there's plenty of signs with burgers (suspiciously Whopper-style burgers, too) and coke on them, when the stores sell swarmas (kebab-style things) or roast chicken; or the sign is a Mexican hat and the store sells burgers.
In other news, it's freaking hot, and yet miserably grey; We've finished watching Carnivale S2 (thanks for lending it to us, you know who you are); I have a batch of sun-dried tomato coming along on the roof; There's a pizza store with supposedly the best ice-cream in Tripoli that we're looking forward to trying.
Congratulations to Libyan-born Hisham Matar, whose book, In the Country of Men, has been nominated for the Man Booker Prize.
3 comments:
Hi Guys,
The last pic looks like a poster for a movie starring burgers! It has a really cool purple background.
My dad used to make sun dried tomatoes on his tin roof and then preserve them in oil with a variety of dried herbs and fresh basil. Must be an Italian thing I guess which he got from his dad.
Ran xo
I LOVE sun-dried tomatoes. They are so good. Hannah likes her olives, but give me sunnies anytime. They're good on pizza too!
Carnivale may be over, but hold tight because I'm sure there might be some Stargate around the corner!
I've so missed sun-dried tomatoes; an expat from Malta is the expert at making them (or at least his Maltese mother is); I tried one of his partner's batch the other day and just went, I have to do this (especially when tomatoes are something like a dinah for four kilos).
Post a Comment