I landed in Hobart and saw Port Arthur, the grim convict settlement the same day; the next day we shot up the west coast and did a bit of a hike for the view of Wineglass Bay.
Then across the top via Launceston to Cradle Mountain, Tasmania’s iconic wilderness attraction...
a boat trip up the Gordon river where you can tell the fresh water because it's coloured brown from a local reed...
and a drive south through world heritage areas to the drowned Franklin valleys. About the only spot I didn’t get to was the Huon Valley.
The weather's been pretty nice since I got back but turned nasty just last night and today, with lots of high wind and rain. Makes driving even more fun than usual. Meanwhile, my day was made when I found fresh mushroom at my local store; I had a selfish moment and took all four packs, sorry other mushroom-fans.
* Irrelevantly, but perhaps interestingly for fans of Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series, this phrase is associated for me with Jaime ‘Why, yes, in Book 1, I do throw a small boy out a window to protect my incestuous relationship, but by Book 3 you will like me anyway no matter how hard you try not to’ Lanister and his “she’s worth her weight in sapphires” gambit; I doubt lavender would have same saving effect, somehow.
2 comments:
"Shooting up the west coast after Port Arthur" - tasteless pun there?
Did you hear that HBO have acquired the rights to make a tv series of ice & fire...1 series to a book?
Whoops!
Yes, I had heard, cause of much excitement in the Tightpants household...
Post a Comment