The Internet and the Writer: I agree that the internet and e-zines etc can be very good places for new writers to start out to try and get publishing credits, but now online markets are just as competitive as the offline markets, they often don't pay very well, and they are getting flooded with crappy submissions. Interestingly, now, 10 years later, some editors still won't accept email submissions - probably because if they did, they'd be getting 500 emails a day.
How to Write a Better Blog: good advice, for bloggers and for writers in general. While I know writing for the internet is different from other mediums, because of the way people approach webpages, the basics of good writing (be interesting, be clear) are the same.
Into the Blogosphere: I read a couple of the articles about "weblog journalism", the phenomenon where these communities of people are producing better news, uncovering mistakes and getting scoops before the mainstream news sources. I think it had to happen (or has to happen; one of the articles experiences skeptism about its real impact or potential) and it's an important and vital part of blogging, if the mainstream media is going to be biased or late.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment