Monday, May 07, 2007

Cafe Marcus

The computer spat the dummy and ate my post, so I've spat the dummy and am not going to re-create it until next weekend. In the meantime, for readers in Tripoli itself, let me give a little plug to the new (as far as I know, but I haven't bestirred myself to that area for months) cafe near the Arch (next to the 'Arch restaurant', which I know has a real name that I have never yet used) in the medina, Cafe Marcus.

Last time I went past, the courtyard this cafe is in was a ruined space locked up and full of rubble. Now it's been refurbished without removing all its personality, does cafe latte (!) and cafe mocha (!!), does strawberry and banana smoothies, does paninis (though we didn't try any of those, can't vouch for them), has a great atmosphere and a lovely view, and is in general an upstanding establishment.

2 comments:

mani said...

Hey man, Salam.

What do ya do in Libya? :)

Cap'n Tightpants said...

Oil industry, no surprises there...