Thursday, October 04, 2007

Stick in the Road

Been away to Australia for the last few weeks, where, aside from all the pleasures of home, I did find myself becoming irritated with the sheer number of traffic lights (Here, I can get from home to the Blue Sun office and go through precisely one set, and that’s a thirty minute drive), as well as being a little shocked at having to pay $17 for a day’s parking in town and paying about the same for a sandwich and drink for lunch...

Anyway I’ve had one of those weeks which make me wonder why I came back here, but let’s not dwell – here’s a photo of some typical lateral problem-solving skills. Hole in the road that’s not going to be fixed anytime in the next decade? Let’s make sure everyone notices it before they drive into it. Stick’s not enough? Hang some rubbish off it, that’ll help.

Just the one photo, I’m on dial-up now. Not much fun being on dial-up in a broadband world...

Reading: Lois McMaster Bujold

Watching: almost to the end of Season 1 Veronica Mars, regretting not getting Season 2 and 3 when I had the chance, hint hint...
Knitting: Well, I had (still!) been knitting that freaking 20 ft long Dr Who scarf. But then...oh, well, one more photo. Here’s the dog wearing his new knitted leash. Trè chic! It’s for when we’re jogging (hah! “jogging”...) and attaches around my waist for hand’s free dog control (hah! “control”).

I still intend to get to medina photos, but sloooooooooow internet is putting me off.

3 comments:

J said...

I'm getting a strange idea... must... send... Veronica Mars S2... to Libya

:)

Am going to get S3 for myself soon, will send that on as desired :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your life in Libya and beyond. It is great info for someone like myself who is considering a move to Tripoli soon. If you could take a few questions, please send an email to zontalsan at hotmail dot com. Cheers...

Cap'n Tightpants said...

Hey, Timsan - I've sent you an email, you might have to look for it in your spam folder (it will be from wlp76, subject: Tripoli)...